We relocated to our new modern office in Hungerford on the 2nd March 2015.
Our new postal address is The Arab Horse Society, Agriculture House, Charnham Lane, Hungerford RG17 0EY and all correspondence from 1st March should be sent to the new address. However correspondence sent to the Windsor House address will be automatically forwarded for a period of time.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE ARAB HORSE SOCIETY
Registered Charity 213366
Will be held at the Bromsgrove Golf Centre, Stratford Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B60 1LD
on Saturday, 18th April 2015 at 10.30am
To consider the following business
1. To approve the Notice convening the meeting.
2. Apologies for absence.
3. To note the Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on the 12th April 2014.
4. To consider any matters arising from the Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting.
5. To receive the Report of Council and the Accounts for the year to 31st December 2014.
6. To approve the appointment of James Cowper as Independent Examiner of the Society.
7. To announce the name of the 2015/2016 Honorary President
8. To announce the names of the new Council Members and the names of the new Direct Elects to the Committees.
9. To announce the name of the 2016/2017 Honorary President Elect.
10. Any other business - items for discussion to be submitted in writing on or before the 11th April 2015 addressed to The Chairman at the Society's registered office.
BY ORDER OF COUNCIL
17th February 2015
Mrs Julie Bridges
Chairman of Council, The Arab Horse Society
Stud Book Volumes 1 - 20 only £70 including Postage
Available to purchase online via the AHS Web Store
The Arab Horse Society is a Registered Charity whose principle activity is to encourage the breeding and importation of Pure Bred Arabian Horses and to encourage the introduction of Arab Blood into light horse breeding and to promote knowledge and welfare.
The Arab Horse Society, Agriculture House, Charnham Lane, Hungerford RG17 0EY
Telephone: 01672 521411
Mrs. J. Bridges – Chairman
Mrs. A. Dixon
Mrs. J. Lowe
Mrs. E. Mann
Mr. A. R. McLeod
Mrs. N. Meredith
Miss M. Pollard
Mrs. D. Whittome
Mrs. J. Woodward
The Council of the Arab Horse Society is proud
and honoured to announce that
Her Royal Highness Princess Alia Al Hussein of Jordan
has graciously accepted their invitation to be come a
Patron of the Arab Horse Society.
Under Passport Issuing standards DEFRA require that any passports issued prior to 2004 should be returned to the issuing Passport Issuing Organisation for updating to add in Section 9. Please check your passport as if ownership has been transferred since the passport was issued it is likely that this section has already been added. If you are in any doubt please call the office to check. We would suggest you send the passport via registered post and enclose £7 so the passport can be returned in the same way. There is no charge for this update.
REGULATIONS require the Transfer of Ownership to be completed within
30 days of an animal’s purchase. Following the recent horsemeat scandal
DEFRA is increasing their vigilance and checks on horse passports. IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY TRANSFERRED OWNERSHIP DO NOT DELAY. The Registration
Office has received calls from DEFRA to confirm registered ownerships.
2015 Awards kindly sponsored by Sheer Versatility.